A new breakfast favorite. The sweet flavor of the asparagus, creamy cheeses, and delicious eggs make for a good combo.
1 pound pencil-thin asparagus, ends trimmed 3 ounces or more of favorite cheese (mix of Brie, Jarlsberg, Parmesan as seen above) 1 tablespoon unsalted butter 1 shallot, chopped 2 garlic cloves 5 large eggs 3/4 cup cream 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
(1) Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees
(2) Boil Asparagus until crisp tender. Drain and pat dry
(3) Cook shallots and garlic in butter until tender
(4) Mix eggs, shallots, garlic, cheese and cream in bowl.
(5) Place evenly the asparagus in a 9 inch quiche or pie pan. Pour egg mixture over
(6) Bake for 40 mins until puffy and golden or until egg is cooked through
(images by: vivien chin)